The Fur-Babies Father’s Day
For some Aussie dads, celebrating Father’s Day will come in the form of gifts from their pet. “Whether you love or loathe the term ‘fur-baby’, the fact remains that many Australian households treat their pets like they are their children,” Nadia Crighton from Pet Insurance Australia says. “Because of this many pet loving homes will be celebrating Father’s Day in a different way.”
However, it is not to say that pets who live alongside children won’t also be showing their gratitude to their ‘two-legged father’.
“This celebration is the perfect excuse to get the family out and about,” says Crighton. “Including the family pet on this excursion is a great way to show dad how much he means to you all.”
Crighton also suggests that for many families, there are certain pet-related tasks that are sometimes left to the male species, (i.e. the dad). Such as poop-patrol, litter-box cleaning and cold, rainy day walks.
“Now is the purrfect time to say: “Thanks for doing the not-so-nice jobs dad!”
Some great ideas for gifts from the family pet include:
- A novelty mug stating how much they love their pet.
- A new leash or collar, particularly if dad is the one who always walks the dog.
- A new, flashy pooper scooper.
- A new, self-cleaning litter box.
- Novelty socks and underwear with a dog/ cat theme.
- A fun, interactive toy that dad can enjoy alongside their furry friend.
- Matching rain coats, one for the dog and one for dad.
“Father’s Day is the one day of the year when everyone in the household can say a big THANKS to the special man in the house,” states Crighton. “With our animals being such an integral part of the family structure, it’s no wonder why pet-owners would want to include their beloved companion animals in this wonderful celebration.”
Happy Father’s Day!