HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
Find out how good your insurer really is
You only find out how good your insurer really is when you need to make a claim on the policy that you purchased from them. Our commitment to dealing efficiently with all requests for reimbursement of veterinary costs, means that our clients can look forward to a swift resolution of any claims that they may make.
HOW DO I MAKE A CLAIM?
To be reimbursed for any vet bills that you have paid, all you need to do is follow these four steps:
Download a claim form online or call us for delivery.
Complete and sign the first section of the form.
Have your vet complete part two of the form.
Attach all invoices/receipts related to your claim and mail it to us.
WAYS THAT YOU CLAIM
|Through your Vet:||If agreed, your Vet may be able to pay for your claim on your behalf.|
If your vet is associated with GapOnlyTM – your vet is able to submit your claim on your behalf. For eligible claims, you just need to pay for the gap (the difference between your vet’s invoice and the claim benefit under your policy). Visit GapOnlyTM for more information.
|Online via Pet Portal:||If you are:|
• an existing member: please visit the pet portal to submit your claim.
• A new member: you will be sent an e-mail/text message to sign up to pet portal.
|Steps to make a claim:|
• Simply upload a copy of both the itemised invoice and the consultation notes from your vet visit.
• In some instances, we may require more information to process your claim, such as previous medical history or pathology/laboratory results. If this is the case, we will contact you for this information.
• If your pet was adopted at an older age, please supply adoption paperwork and relevant medical records since adoption.
|Paper claim via Post:||If you would prefer to send us your claim through the post, please ensure you have completed the following additional steps:|
Print a claim form and fill in your details.
Take it with you to the vet and ask them to fill out Section 2. Both you and your vet will need to sign the form.
Attach the original itemised invoices, payment receipts and consultation notes and post them to the following address:
Pet Insurance Australia
Locked Bag 9021
Castle Hill NSW 1765