Terms and Conditions
Pet Insurance Australia – Facebook Competition
- The competition is being conducted by Pet Insurance Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 85 113 507 850 of 95 Sixth Road, Berkshire Park NSW 2765 (‘Promoter’).
- The competition is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Information in respect of entry to and the prize of the competition form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition runs from 7.00pm on 12th May 2020 to 7.00pm on 14th May 2020 (“Competition Period”). All times indicated in these Terms and Conditions are in AEST, unless specified otherwise.
- Entry to the competition is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families (“Eligible Entrants”). Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must (a) ‘like’ the Promoter’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PetInsuranceAustralia/ and (b) ‘post’ a photo of their dog on the competition post on the PIA Facebook page. Both (a) and (b) must be completed to make your entry valid. This competition is limited to one (1) entry per person.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be accepted. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter reserves the right to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winning entrant. The prize winner will be selected based on their creative merit, quality and consideration of their submission.
- The prize winner will be selected by a panel of judges and the decision of the panel is final.
- There will be four (4) Winners announced for this competition who will receive one (1) copy of ‘Good Dog’ by Kate Leaver worth $29.99 and will not be redeemable for cash.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing any competition website (including but not limited to Facebook) is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous ‘posts’ made by an entrant are, or could be regarded as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook community, or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress, will be removed from the Promotion. By participating in this competition, you agree that you are subject to the terms and conditions of Facebook, located here: https://www.facebook.com/terms.php.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the prize winning entrant must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
Pet Insurance Australia is general insurance issued by the insurer The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ABN 78 090 584 473; AFSL 241436) (Hollard), is distributed and promoted by Pet Insurance Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 85 113 507 850; AR 326233) (Pet Insurance Australia) and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 95 075 949 923; AFSL 420183) (PetSure). Pet Insurance Australia acts as an authorised representative of Petsure. Any advice provided is general only. You agree that Hollard and PetSure are not responsible for this competition and that Hollard and PetSure cannot be held liable for any damage or loss arising from this competition.