Terms and Conditions
Facebook Competition – Tinder Pet Profile
This is a game of skill competition and chance plays no part in determining the winning entrant (“the Competition”).
- The Competition is being conducted by Pet Insurance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 85 113 507 850 of 95 Sixth Road, Berkshire Park NSW 2765 (“Promoter”).
- The competition is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Information in respect of entry to and the prize of the Competition form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition commences at12.01 am on 25 November 2021until 11.59 pm on 9 December 2021 (“Competition Period”). All times indicated in these Terms and Conditions are in AEST, unless specified otherwise.
- The Competition is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or over at the date of entry (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees of the Promoter, its agencies associated with the Competition and their immediate families are excluded from the Competition and not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Competition Period:
(a) Follow the Promoter’s Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/PetInsuranceAustralia/ (“Promoter’s Facebook page”); and
(b) Follow the Promoter’s Instagram page at
(c) ‘Like’ the Competition post on the Promoter’s Facebook page, at (“Competition post”); and
(d) Upload a photo of their cat or dog and a description of their pet tinder profile on the Competition post.
The Competition is limited to one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant. Any additional entries made after the Eligible Entrants first post are invalid.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not be accepted. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter reserves the right to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Winners will be selected at random (“Winners”). There will be two (2) Winners announced for the Competition, being one (1) winner for a dog entry and one (1) winner for a cat entry. A bonus entry for a description will be awarded.
- The Promoter will notify the Winners by private message via Facebook and bypost on the Promoter’s Facebook page on 10December 2021
- There are two (2) prizes in the Competition, as follows:
(a) AUD$100.00 PetBarn Voucher, being for a cat entry. This is not redeemable for cash.
(b) AUD$100.00 PetBarn Voucher, being for a dog entry. This is not redeemable for cash.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) to disqualify any entrant; or
(b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate, directed or required.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Competition website (including but not limited to Facebook) is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- The Promoter monitors responses to the Competition. If any responses or any previous ‘posts’ made by an Eligible Entrant are, or could be regarded as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook community, or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress, will be removed from the Competition. By participating in the Competition, you agree that you are subject to the Facebook Terms of Service, which are accessible at the following link:https://www.facebook.com/terms.php.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in relation to the Competition.
- As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Winners must sign any legal documentation as and, in the form, required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.[
Insurance products are issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473, AFSL 241436, is arranged and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 95 075 949 923, AFSL 420183 (PetSure) and is promoted and distributed by PetSure’s Authorised Representative (AR), Pet Insurance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 85 113 507 850, AR 326233. Any advice provided is general only. You agree that Hollard, PetSure and Pet Insurance Australia are not responsible for the Competition and that Hollard and PetSure cannot be held liable for any damage or loss arising from the Competition.